The Zoom web client allows joining a Zoom meeting or webinar without downloading any plugins or software. However, the web client has limited features and functions best on Google Chrome.
Through your settings, you can control if the Join From Browser link appears automatically or if it only appears once the participants attempts to download the Zoom client. Learn more.
This article covers:
- Features Across Browsers
- Joining the Meeting or Webinar
- Joining Audio
- Viewing Video & Adjusting Resolution
- Inviting Others
- Host Controls
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0 or higher
- Google Chrome 53.0.2785 or higher
- Safari 10.0.602.1.50 or higher
- Firefox 49.0 or higher
|Join Computer Audio||✓|
|Join Audio by Phone||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Meeting Host Controls||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|View Shared Video||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|View Shared Screen||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
- Click the link to join the meeting.
- An option Join from your Browser may appear automatically. If it does not, select download & run Zoom.
- The option Join from your Browser will appear.
- You will be prompted to enter your name.
- Click Join to be taken into the meeting.
Once you have joined, you can join the audio by computer, dial in by telephone, or choose call me (if enabled for the host's account). Call Me and Toll Free numbers require a Premium Audio Subscription.
- Click Join Audio.
- Click Phone Call, Computer Audio, or Call Me tab to choose your join method.
- Phone Call: Follow the instructions on the screen for dialing in by phone.
- Computer Audio: Click Join Audio By Computer. After joining computer audio, you can Mute/Unmute at the lower left corner or click on the ^ to select a different microphone and/or speaker.
- Call Me: Choose the country of the phone you are calling from the drop down. Enter the phone number. Check Remember the number on this computer if you would like this number stored for future meetings. Click Call Me.
When joined into a Zoom meeting from the web client, you can view one participant's video in Active Speaker view or if the host spotlights a video. If multiple participants are sharing their video, you will only be able to see one at a time.
You can also choose not to view the video or adjust the quality.
- Click Quality.
- Click the quality that you would like to receive.
Receiving 720p will depend on the video participant's settings. Click No Video to stop receiving video. This will not stop the participant's video feed for other meeting participants.
- Click Invite to open the options to view others.
- The available options will depend on the available add-ons for your account, if you are the host, and if you are logged in.
- Invite by Email: This will open up the options to send an email with your default email client, Gmail, Yahoo email, copy the URL, or copy the entire invitation.
- Invite by Phone: If you have a Premium Audio Subscription, you can call out to participants by phone. Enter the name you would like to display for them, select their country, enter their phone number, and click Invite.
- Invite a Room System: If you have the Cloud Room Connector add-on, View the information for an H.323 or SIP room system to join the call or invite them by calling out to their IP address.
If you are the meeting host and are signed in to your Zoom account on the web, you will have additional options available.
- Click Manage to manage the participants.
- Hover over a participant's name and click More for additional options.
- Rename: Change the participant's name in the meeting.
- Make Host: Transfer host controls to this participant.
- Put in Waiting Room: Remove this participant to the waiting room. You will then have the option to readmit them.
- Remove: Remove this participant from the meeting.
Locking the meeting prevents any new participants from joining the meeting.